ARTICLE AD BOX
![]()
Representational representation (PTI record photo)
RAIPUR/NAGPUR: Chhattisgarh’s Bastar awaits the largest wide surrender of Maoists successful its past of Left-wing extremism Friday, with 170 guerrillas lined up to formally laic down arms successful what location curate Amit Shah termed a “landmark day” successful the conflict to purge the country’s Red Corridor of Naxalite influence.“Abujhmarh and North Bastar that were erstwhile panic bases person contiguous been declared escaped from Naxal terror... A hint of Naxalism exists successful southbound Bastar, which volition beryllium wiped retired soon by information forces,” Shah declared connected X.The surrender ceremony, to beryllium held successful Jagdalpur successful the beingness of CM Vishnu Deo Sai and his lawman Vijay Sharma, comes 3 days aft CPI (Maoist) politburo seasoned Mallojula Venugopal Rao, aka Bhupathi, turned himself successful on with 61 different guerrillas successful Maharashtra’s Maoist heartland of Gadchiroli.The Maoists converging connected Jagdalpur see 78 who reported to constabulary successful Kanker, Sukma and Kondagaon districts precocious Wednesday. Pictures and videos of equipped guerrillas, including women, crossing forested areas and fields to the designated camps are circulating connected societal media.Maoist commandant Rupesh and Marh part in-charge Ranita are portion of the surrender list, officials said. Rupesh, who oversaw CPI (Maoist)’s northwest sub-zonal bureau, sent retired feelers past April astir his willingness to surrender and has since been successful interaction with information agencies.
Sources said helium was precocious elevated to the outfit’s cardinal committee, but the added responsibilities failed to clasp him back.
He had been a Maoist for 2 decades, playing a cardinal relation successful recruitment, coordination and propaganda.“Naxalism is breathing its past owed to the relentless efforts of Modi government,” Shah said. “Our argumentation is clear: those who privation to surrender are welcome, and those who proceed to wield the weapon volition conscionable the wrath of forces. I entreaty again...lay down weapons and articulation the mainstream. We’re committed to uprooting Naxalism earlier March 31, 2026.”
